View all Job Postings and apply on Indeed
The Craft Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the Company, including accurate and timely production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and internal controls, mitigate risk, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”), SEC, IRS, and other regulatory agency reporting standards.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated Controller to join our team, specifically to support the Craft Canning division of our business. If you are interested in working with a small accounting team for a growing publicly traded company with a dynamic environment, then we’d like to talk to you. This position manages and is responsible for maintenance of the general ledger, internal reporting, audit assistance and mentoring accounting staff.
Initially this role will be largely on-site at our brand new facility located at 2321 NE Argyle Street, Unit D, Portland, OR 97211. Once up to speed, we envision this position being hybrid, splitting time between on-site and work from home.
- Oversee the operations of the Craft accounting department, including supervising accounting staff and resources to ensure transactions are processed consistently, timely and accurately.
- Review and sign off on work of accounting staff including but not limited to revenue recognition, inventory and monthly closing journal entries.
- Assist in forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- Record general activity timely to ensure that monthly reporting is up to date and reflects financial results and position.
- Oversee accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, and other as needed cash control systems.
- Maintain and manage inventory transactions and monthly physical counts to ensure accurate accounting for inventory and cost of sales.
- Proactively identify risk and develop mitigation solutions.
- Work with finance team, accounting staff and other departments as needed to continually develop and improve processes and procedures.
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of internal controls that includes accounting policies and procedures and inventory controls.
- Assist with SEC forms 10-Q and 10-K on a timely schedule allowing appropriate time for executive management, audit committee and BOD review of reports.
- Assist with quarterly review and year end audit with outside audit firm.
- Assist CFO with preparation of BOD presentations and analysis.
- Develop and disseminate financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and other as requested financial reports.
- Prepare financial statements as required by third party lenders to support lender debt compliance and ongoing financial status as it related to debt covenants.
- Work with FP&A to develop and communicate annual budget and forecasts as well as financial and operating metrics.
- Oversee timely completion of all federal, state and local tax returns using outside firm as needed.
- Other financial analysis and ad hoc reports as requested.
- 8-12 years of CPA auditing experience or equivalent industry experience
- Inventory costing experience essential
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to multitask and prioritize as well as perform under a deadline
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Positive, yet grounded demeanor a plus
- Base Salary: $100k+ depending on experience
- Bonus eligible
- Medical, Dental, Vision & many other voluntary benefits. We offer Fortune 500 benefits, the kind of coverage typically found only at larger corporations
- 401(k) with employer match
- Sick time/Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance